Home » The Water Cooler – Your Top Travel Destination (Without Worrying About Money & Safety)

by CLAYCORD.com
33 comments

The “Water Cooler” will be up Monday-Friday in the noon hour.

QUESTION: Where would be your top travel destination in the World, if you didn’t have to worry about money & safety?

Talk about it….

33 comments

Exit 12A January 2, 2023 - 12:53 PM - 12:53 PM

A three-week safari in Kenya and/or South Africa.
… to hunt trophy game both large and small.

Exit 12A January 2, 2023 - 7:35 PM - 7:35 PM

You people should take responsibility for the meat you eat. Killing poultry, cattle, and pigs is sooo sanitized that you would not know how to feed yourselves… clueless on how to dress your catch.

this_that January 2, 2023 - 12:57 PM - 12:57 PM

Kyiv, Ukraine. I understand US dollars are widely accepted there.

Coco January 2, 2023 - 12:59 PM - 12:59 PM

The Maldives on Meeru Island.

BORbeliever January 2, 2023 - 1:26 PM - 1:26 PM

A Nile River cruise or Turks and Caicos Islands. Sadly, Egypt is one place I’ve always wanted to see but probably won’t.

Roz January 2, 2023 - 1:42 PM - 1:42 PM

One day to go to Sicily and visit Family I have never met.

ClayDen January 2, 2023 - 2:25 PM - 2:25 PM

Roz: you should do whatever it takes do do it. We stayed with family I had never met in the southern part of Italy many years ago and it was one of the most wonderful experiences of my life. We were on a Viking cruise from Barcelona to Venice in June 2022 and had a port call in Messina Sicily and it is a beautiful place. Actually, all of Italy is beautiful.

American Citizen January 3, 2023 - 10:23 AM - 10:23 AM

Why would you want to meet a bunch of strangers halfway across the world?

Hanne Jeppesen January 3, 2023 - 10:37 AM - 10:37 AM

Roz has family she has never met. Why is that so strange. Obviously, Roz have Italian roots, so to want to travel to a country where her family came from, it not so strange. Many American’s feel that way. I was born and raised in Denmark, I took my daughter there several times as a child. However, when she was 25 she wanted to go to experience Denmark as an adults. She went with a girl friend after the travelled to other countries. My cousin and her family went out of their way to make them feel welcome. I flew over and joined them later. I’m pretty sure if Roz were to go to Italy her family would embrace her with open arms, and treat her like a queen. When I go to Denmark I’m in awe of how great hosts my family and friends are, asking if there’s a favorite meal I want, special place to visit, etc. I always come back feeling very refreshed and thankful for such wonderful friends and family. The Italians are known for their hospitality, as are many other Europeans, the Irish, German.

S January 3, 2023 - 11:29 AM - 11:29 AM

But be careful; just because folks are your blood does not make them good people. That being said…. I’ve family in may parts of the world…. Would be neat-to-meet!

Not as exotic as all parts of the world…

I met a younger 2nd cousin for the first time a few years back… Grew up and lives in the mid-west. She went to college here in the bay area; Early 80’s…. We didn’t know of each other then; she didn’t know she had family out here.

Was eerieish how much she resembled my mother. Was good to meet and we do keep in touch….

So, Roz…. Be careful, but do it !

Simonpure January 2, 2023 - 2:23 PM - 2:23 PM

My couch…the most beautiful site ever sitting right next to me.

Simonpure January 2, 2023 - 2:24 PM - 2:24 PM

Sight

WC January 2, 2023 - 3:00 PM - 3:00 PM

I’ve always wanted a vacation in beautiful Alviso.

S January 2, 2023 - 3:45 PM - 3:45 PM

I’ve cruised the Mekong River, African Congo, the Nile River and the Amazon. I highly recommend booking passage on the Congo Queen.

domo January 2, 2023 - 3:47 PM - 3:47 PM

Antarctica & the Galapagos Islands

Mombearto4 January 2, 2023 - 3:58 PM - 3:58 PM

Italy and France to see the art museums (and anywhere else with a huge collection of old masters), and/or if I’m still able to travel in 2030, Oberammergau, Germany, to see their historic Passion Play that got canceled on me in 2020 because of Covid. It was a big mess this last time and having it canceled at the last minute was devastating.

ClayDen January 2, 2023 - 5:53 PM - 5:53 PM

The Uffizi in Florence, the Vatican Museum, the Louvre and the Rijksmuseum (in Amsterdam) are not to be missed. We didn’t make it to the Van Gogh Museum in July due to poor planning on our part, but will go there on our next trip to Amsterdam. If you like science and technology, the Deutches Museum in Munich is not to be missed either.

nytemuvr January 2, 2023 - 4:00 PM - 4:00 PM

Go wherever you want…

Doh January 2, 2023 - 4:08 PM - 4:08 PM

When Notre Dame reopens I want to go see it. That’s a great excuse to see the rest of Paris as well.

Claycord hiker January 2, 2023 - 4:20 PM - 4:20 PM

Eastern Sierra Nevada

Original G January 2, 2023 - 5:27 PM - 5:27 PM
ClayDen January 2, 2023 - 5:47 PM - 5:47 PM

Back to see more of Europe, especially Italy, Switzerland, Norway, France, Belgium, Spain, Gibralter and the Netherlands. To Australia and New Zealand, including about a month driving around New Zealand. Svalbard Norway to see the polar bears. Iceland. More of Canada, including Nova Scotia, Tofino on Vancouver Island and a return trip to the Canadian Rockies. Argentina and Chile. Norway in winter to see the northern lights. Croatia. Alaska. We’re hoping to see most of these places in the future. We’ve been to Europe three times so far for a total of 18 weeks and plan to spend several more weeks there in the future. Like Rick Steves says: “keep on traveling.”

nytemuvr January 2, 2023 - 6:09 PM - 6:09 PM

I’ve never been one to travel overseas but….I would follow the F1 circuit for a season, with pit access to all the teams.

ClayDen January 2, 2023 - 8:23 PM - 8:23 PM

That would be great! My bucket list is Monza, Spa and Silverstone, in that order. I walked about a third of the Monaco circuit 10 days after the race in June while they were still disassembling the grandstands and other stuff for the circuit. Forza Ferrari!

Jeff (the other one) January 2, 2023 - 7:11 PM - 7:11 PM

Never been there, but I would really like to try a stay at a house at the Fiji Islands, the kind where the abode is on the water.

BWIZZLE January 2, 2023 - 8:45 PM - 8:45 PM

Italy including The Amalfi Coast.

TPC January 2, 2023 - 9:48 PM - 9:48 PM

Stonehenge.

American Citizen January 3, 2023 - 10:22 AM - 10:22 AM

Disney World. Two weeks to see everything. Then followed by Disney Shanghai, Disney, Hong Kong, Disney, Paris, and Disney Japan. I have no urge or interest in vacationing any place else ever.

Hanne Jeppesen January 3, 2023 - 10:50 AM - 10:50 AM

Not so sure, I have seen a fair amount of the world and lived in 4 countries, my native Denmark, Israel and Iceland. Have also lived in several states and visited about half the states. I have a few things on my bucket list that probably will come true, one The Grand Teton’s. As for places where money is no object, since Denmark is for the most part flat, I have always been fascinated by mountains, and of course Mt. Everest is the mother of all mountains, so I would like to go. However, from what I gather not sure if you can actually see the top of Everest, if you don’t hike up a certain distance, and after reading Jon Krakauer’s “Into thin air”, that probably was always out of the question. When I was a teenager and saw South Pacific, I wanted to go to Bali Hai. A couple of other places I would like to visit the Canadian Rockies, some Eastern European Countries, because when I travelled in Europe you couldn’t get into those countries. Last but not least Chengdu in China, so see all the Panda’s. Would like to go back to Israel, because when I was there you couldn’t get into the old part of Jerusalem and other places. I have been to Germany several times and would like to visit Berlin and Nuremberg, partly because of their history when it comes to WWll.

ClayDen January 3, 2023 - 12:07 PM - 12:07 PM

We’ve been to the Tetons and the Canadian Rockies and both are spectacular. Of the two, my vote is the Canadian Rockies, specifically the Icefields Parkway from Banff to Jasper. That is the most beautiful place we had been to until our cruise from Bergen Norway to the Nordkapp and then back south to the Shetland and Orkney Islands of Scotland. Geiranger Fjord is the most beautiful place we’ve ever been, closely followed by the Lofoten Islands. We want to go back to Norway and the Icefields Parkway.

Cowellian January 3, 2023 - 11:05 AM - 11:05 AM

Alaska is the only state I haven’t been to, and I’d love to take a cruise there.

California Toad January 3, 2023 - 12:02 PM - 12:02 PM

Time travel to California in the 1300’s. Would love to see the great sea in the Central Valley, see the tule boats the First Nations folks built; Yosemite’s herds of elk, deer & all the other wildlife – drink pure, clear water from the Merced River; also, see what the stars looked like with no surrounding urban lighting. Maybe you could see forever from Mt. Diablo. I’d probably be eaten by a grizzly bear, but it sure would be fun to see the Old California.

Rollo Tomasi January 3, 2023 - 2:11 PM - 2:11 PM