Sal’s Family Kitchen, located at 823 Main St. in Martinez, has reopened after a forced closure during an inspection where officials say they found cockroaches and a dead mouse.
The Contra Costa County Health Department says they observed the following:
- Observed approximately 15 dead cockroaches and approximately 5 live cockroaches on sticky trap on floor
next to water heater. Cockroaches observed in different life stages.
- Observed approximately 5 cockroaches on sticky trap on floor underneath shelving in dry-storage room.
- Observed 1 dead cockroach on floor in hallway near water-heater room.
- Observed 1 dead mouse on sticky trap on floor in dry-storage room.
- Observed 2 apparent cockroach casings in crack in corner of floor in hallway near water-heater room.
- Operator states that facility has not had professional pest control service for at least 3 years.
Click HERE to read all the health inspections for Sal’s Family Kitchen.