American Kitchen, located at 71 Lafayette Circle in Lafayette was closed this week due to a vermin infestation.
The Contra Costa County Health Department released their observations to Claycord.com. They say live cockroaches, along with nests, were found under the food preparation table.
Other findings from the routine inspection are shown below.
- Minor violation – Plumbing; fixtures, back flow devices, drainage
- Minor violation – Food contact surfaces: clean and sanitized
- Minor violation – Equipment, utensils and linens: storage and use
- MAJOR violation – No insects, rodents, birds or animals present
- MAJOR violation – Time as a public health control; procedures & records
- Minor violation – Floors, walls and ceiling: built, maintained and clean
- Minor violation – Nonfood contact surfaces clean
- Minor violation – Equipment/utensils-approved; installed; clean; good repair; capacity (e.g. sinks, CO2tanks, etc)
- Minor violation – Proper hot and cold holding temperatures
- Minor violation – Thermometers provided and accurate
UPDATE: The restaurant has been reinspected by the Health Department and is back open.
- DIRTY DINING: Clayton Restaurant Closed After Rat Infestation Discovered by Health Dept.
- Dirty Dining – New Lim’s Garden in Concord Closed Due to Vermin Infestation
- Dirty Dining: ‘Quickly’ on Willow Pass Rd. in Concord Shut Down Due to Vermin Infestation
- Vermin Infestation Forces Closure of Modern China Cafe on N. Main St. in Downtown Walnut Creek
- Dirty Dining – Park Bistro & Bar Restaurant in Lafayette Closed After Health Inspectors Discover Vermin Infestation
- Lin’s Buffet in Concord Closed by Health Department Due to Rat Infestation
- Concord Sushi Restaurant Back Open After Vermin Infestation