John Muir Health (JMH) has entered into a definitive agreement with Tenet Healthcare to acquire sole ownership of San Ramon Regional Medical Center (SRRMC). JMH has owned a 49% interest in SRRMC since 2013 and, under the new agreement, will acquire the remaining 51% interest from Tenet for approximately $142.5 million.
The transaction is subject to various closing conditions, including review by the Federal Trade Commission. Until these conditions are met and the transaction is closed, SRRMC will continue to operate under the current joint venture structure between JMH and Tenet.
“We believe that this acquisition is good for our community, caregivers, patients, and John Muir Health and San Ramon Regional Medical Center,” said Mike Thomas, president and CEO of John Muir Health.
By acquiring SRRMC, JMH will be able to further enhance care for the community by:
· Integrating SRRMC onto JMH’s version of Epic, the electronic health record used in the health system’s inpatient and outpatient facilities and by nearly 1,000 physicians and healthcare providers throughout the community.
· Extending JMH’s quality enhancement and population health programs to SRRMC and the surrounding community.
· Making investments in facilities and enhanced services at SRRMC to reduce the number of patients leaving the community for their care.
· Extending JMH’s non-profit community benefit programs to the SRRMC area.
· Eliminating duplicative administrative expenses.
Acquiring SRRMC is consistent with JMH’s history and will further the health system’s mission to improve the health of the communities it serves with quality and compassion. In 1997, John Muir Medical Center and Mt. Diablo Medical Center came together along with the John Muir Physician Network to create John Muir Health to better serve the community.
“We’re excited about this potential acquisition. At the same time, we will continue to make investments in current John Muir Health people, programs and services,” continued Thomas. “We view this as a long-term opportunity to expand our services and better serve the growing populations in the San Ramon Valley and Tri-Valley. By allocating fixed costs over a broader scope of operations, we will also improve cost effectiveness for patients and health plans.”
The parties expect the transaction to close in 2023
This girl who works there names hailey is super sweet she helped me on the phone ! You go girl
Comments are closed.