Home » Beyond Claycord (Santa Rosa) – Police Say Man Accidentally Burns Himself To Death

Beyond Claycord (Santa Rosa) – Police Say Man Accidentally Burns Himself To Death

by CLAYCORD.com
1 comment

A man died Saturday morning in Santa Rosa after apparently accidentally setting himself on fire.

Santa Rosa police said they received calls at 12:47 a.m. reporting a fire in the 1200 block of Santa Rosa Ave., in the rear of a business.

The Santa Rosa Fire Department extinguished the fire engulfing an adult male, who was pronounced dead at the scene. Police said surveillance footage from nearby businesses provided a clear picture of what occurred.

Advertisement

The man appeared to the rear of the business using a lighter to consume what officials assume was a narcotic. The man then slumped to the ground and appeared to fall asleep. Moments later, his clothes started smoldering, then caught fire. Police say he was unable to extinguish the flames.

Police detectives are working with the Sonoma County Coroner’s Office to identify the victim they believe was an adult male in his 40s or 50s who was likely homeless. Officials say it’s possible the victim had a flammable gel residue (possibly a chafing gel) on his hands and/or clothing that was ignited when he used his lighter.

1 comment

Dr. Jellyfinger January 31, 2023 - 8:39 PM - 8:39 PM

Hands covered with chafing gel? Smoking a joint…. nah! I’m not even going to take a wild guess.
RIP.

Comments are closed.

Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter!

Latest News

© Copyright 2023 Claycord News & Talk